[Lispweb] which Lisp?

Andy Cavatorta andy at nervebox.com
Tue Feb 26 00:32:10 CST 2002

I'm getting ready to write my first Lisp application, a port an existing
app.  But I'm getting bogged down at the start with the menagerie of Lisp
implementations, libraries, and compatibility issues.

Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for an implementation (+libs) with the following features:
1. Robust XML generator and parser that can automatically convert XML to
and from native Lisp data OR work with W3C DOM methods.
2. HTTP serving of XML documents (need control of mime types)
2b. Parsing of values in HTTP CGI environment.
3. Database connectivity.  Currently using RDBMS with atomic transactions
and stored procedures but could go with PLOB or something similar.
4. Interact with IMAP, POP3, LDAP and SMTP servers.  This could also be a
connection to Java classes that talk to the servers, if need be.
5. Efficient filesystem access.
6. Runs on Win32. But I won't rule out Linux or BSD.

Is there an implementation that supports all these features?  I keep
finding partial support.  I'd be glad to write some of these features
myself, but I've already got a lot to write.

- any pointers would be helpful
- andy c