[Lispweb] ANN: CLiki 0.4.3

Francois-Rene Rideau fare at tunes.org
Wed May 12 10:43:58 CDT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 03:01:44PM +0100, Daniel Barlow wrote:
> CLIKI> (describe 'apache-conf-segment)
Thanks. I'm trying to get it to work.
Having problems with apache and/or iptables...

> 1) I see very little mileage in refactoring cliki-header/cliki-footer
The goal of my patch was
(a) to remain minimal
(b) to easily allow for customizability toward several different cliki
 installations, each of which would only have to redefine variables,
 not functions.

> 1b) cliki-page-surround does suffer from that slightly icky OUT
>    variable, though: suggestions welcome
I am quite OK with magic variables; I just prefer them
to have an obviously magic name, as in %out% or something like that.
Or maybe just use a special variable.

> 2) you should note that the standard araneida:html-stream allows you
>    to put functions in its argument tree; they'll be evaluated with
>    one argument, which is the stream to output to.
Yes, and my patched version supports that, too,
if only for backward compatibility.
But I don't like to insert functions in what works otherwise
quite fine as data, so I don't use this feature right now.

> 3) page-date (as distinct from file-write-date (page-pathname)) is
>    going to be necessary sooner or later anyway [...]
Yup. Maybe it should take an optional argument that determines
the answer to give should the page not exist, as in
nil => nil, t => (get-universal-date), foo => foo

>    Aggressively caching proxies cope badly in that case at the moment
Also when I redefine something in the cliki software.
Maybe have a "all pages are more recent than this date" variable,
initialized to the date of some magic file at startup? Hum.

Thanks once again for CLiki.

Is there absolutely no absolute? Isn't relativity relative?
		-- Faré