[Lispweb] ANN: CLiki 0.4.3

rm@fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Wed May 12 12:27:57 CDT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 05:32:58PM +0200, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 04:49:40PM +0200, rm at fabula.de wrote:
> >  - The CSS URL doesn't work. Requesting it (both via browser and CLI client)
> >    results in a 'This page doesn't exist yet' page.
> Are you using my FANCY-CLIKI class or the plain CLIKI or your own derivative?

Just the plain cliki class.

 (defvar *ralfs-cliki* (make-instance 'cliki::cliki-instance
                                       :data-directory "/var/www/cliki/"
                                       :url-root (merge-url *url* "/cliki/")))

> Did you correctly initialize the cliki data-directory?

Well, it's a rsync'ed copy of an existing (working) cliki.

> Does the directory actually exist?

Jes.

> Does the file $CLIKIDATA/admin/cliki.css exist?

No, but AFAIK it shouldn't. Isn't this a handler-generated file? (At least,
when i inspect my cliki instance it's listed as a handler).

> >  - Cliking on the 'edit' link of any page results in the same page (html-wise),
> >    but with an extra '/edit' component in the URL. Following the edit link
> >    on such a page will add another '/edit' component ....
> Did you initialize the cliki correctly?

Well, what i do is the following:

 (defvar *listener* (make-instance 'serve-event-http-listener
                                   :port (url-port *url*)))

then the cliki instance is created with the above quoted code.
After that i install my cliki in the *listener*:

 (install-handler (http-listener-handler *listener*)
                  *ralfs-cliki* (merge-url *url* "cliki") nil)

and then i start my server REPL:

 (start-listening *listener*)

> Can you publish your cliki-init.lisp and any additional lisp file you wrote?
> Do you use the latest araneida, cliki and cto from CVS?

I guess i just did :-)

> >  - The URL for the 'Create New Page' points at the root URL of the listener.
> That's OK - the magic is done in javascript.

Yes, i readlized that in horror :-o
Kind of leaves us links-users without hope.

 Thank's a  lot

   RalfD