Bug in Cliki? Was: [Lispweb] ANN: CLiki 0.4.3

rm@fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Wed May 19 13:56:43 CDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 05:25:40PM +0100, Daniel Barlow wrote:

> CLiki 0.4.3 is now in cCLan.  This is approximately the version that's
> been running on www.cliki.net for the past few months.
>
> New in CLiki 0.4.3
>
> * Versioning!  At the expense of making the file names correspond even
>   less closely with the page title, we now produce a version per edit.

Hmm, looks like this causes trouble: i just installed a new
Cliki from scratch (i.e. pristine sbcl-mt and with araneida (0.84)
and cliki (0.4.3)).

Now, i can't create new files. From a first look at the code it seems
as if the call to check-page-save-allowed will result in a call to
version-open-p and that will try to destructuring-bind  the result
of calling find-recent-change on the new page. Now, if i get this right
find-recent-change will return NIL if there are no recent changes and
hence destructuring-bind will raise an eyebrow or two ...

Anyway, disabling the simultaneous editing check by returning 't from
check-page-save-allowed will "fix" this bug ....

HTH and thanks for the work

  RalfD