Idea: Moving sections 'Undoing changes' and 'Resurrecting deleted items'

Ben Collins-Sussman sussman at red-bean.com
Fri Jun 3 19:53:19 CDT 2005

On Jun 3, 2005, at 3:04 PM, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

>> I get the feeling that people simply aren't finding the existing Ch4
>> section
>> on undoing changes, because they don't mentally associate it with
>> branching
>> or merging.
>>

> Which is exactly what made me write the message.

Mike's right, most users *are* too lazy to read the table of
contents.  Anyone who asks "how do I undo a change" in #svn or users@
is guilty of this.

On the other hand, if you're totally new to version control, there's
no reason to assume that such a task is "advanced" rather than
"basic".  That just happens to be the case for svn.

It's interesting, most people who ask this question assume that
there's a way to make a revision go away, i.e. literally delete the
latest revision tree.  :-)