[svnbook commit] r1418 - trunk/src/ru/book

Øyvind A. Holm sunny at sunbase.org
Thu Jun 16 11:12:07 CDT 2005

On 2005-06-16 18:30:24 Maverick Crank GRey wrote:
> Good time of day, Øyvind A. Holm =)
>
> On 6/6/05, Øyvind A. Holm <sunny at sunbase.org> wrote:
> > It is solved by inserting a character from the "private use" Unicode
> > area — ﳢ — between all double dashes inside the comments.
>
> As I can see, it is enough annoying to use such "workaround". I think,
> we can ask our "native" (=) writers to replace the sequence "--" with
> a custom entity &Ddash;
> ===
> <!ENTITY Ddash "--">
> ===
>
> What do you think about it?

Not a bad idea, it will solve most of the examples and screen outputs.
But there are many occurences of it, and it would transfer the annoyance
to the authors of the book. It also doesn't cope with XML comments, so
it would not be a complete solution. I myself does not see this as a
problem, as I normally don't have to run "make editmode" or "make
commitmode" before I start editing the files, and "make sync" and "make
bookdiff" execute those commands automatically. So I barely notice the
extra work with the ﳢ fillers. If I have manually changed into
editmode, a single "make commitmode" before commit cleans up everything.

Regards,
Øyvind A. Holm
#!/bin/bash
for f in 1 2 3; do
  PREF=http://musthave.sunbase.org/Stallman/stallman${f}c
  wget $PREF.sub ; mplayer -cache 8192 -sub stallman${f}c.sub $PREF.mpeg
done